Our school is family orientated and we believe that older pupils have a lot to give in helping younger children accept school rules and routines. Children in Year 6 are invited to apply to be a Buddy. The older children are time-tabled for Buddy duty one day a week and act as good role models for their younger peers.
Duties for Buddies include:
- Helping to reinforce rules and routines.
- Helping out at break and lunch times.
- Assisting with fastening coats for younger children.
- Finding friends for other children.
- Helping with play time equipment.
- Helping to set up the classrooms during wet play times.
Here are our helpful Buddies for 2019:
awaiting photo for 2019