Welcome to our School Council
At the beginning of every term we hold class elections; pupils have the opportunity to write their own manifesto speeches to perform to their class. Classmates then vote for two pupils from their class to represent them on The School Council. The School Council meet every week to discuss matters that affect the pupils. Together they discuss upcoming events, as well as changes that are being made to the school. The Councillors are the voice of the pupils and they are given time after meetings to feedback to their class and discuss and gather ideas for the next meeting.
The School Council are involved in decision making within the school, and help to share pupil voice on lots of important matters!
Already this term The School Council have…
- Been involved in organising a Buddy Bench for the playground and they held a design a sign competition for the bench.
- Thought of some new afterschool club ideas.
- Planned, prepared and ran a used book stall for Children in Need.
- Helped to promote healthy packed lunches.
- Delivered flyers for the Christmas fair.
- Gathered feedback from their classes about what went well and what could be improved for next year’s Christmas Fair.
Keep an eye on this page to see what our School Councillors are up to next.