School Games – Organising Crew
At Montalbo School, we encourage our KS2 students to engage in leading, managing and officiating our School Games Sports activity. A selected ‘Sports Crew’ will help to ensure that all children in our school have the opportunity to lead a healthy and active lifestyle.
As an active school, teachers and coaches will:
- Listen to the Sports Crew’s opinions and ideas.
- Provide opportunities for young people to officiate, coach, and lead activities.
- Consider the wider roles that could be assigned around school sport to ensure that everyone can be involved.
The duties of the Sports Crew are:
- Working with teachers and fellow pupils to organise intra-school competitions and school sport opportunities.
- Halping to select talented sports competitors for competitions.
- Organising a survey to find out what young people think of sport in their school.
- Reporting back to fellow students at the end of the year on what improvements have been or are going to be made.